Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Riding Trip

ok.. you all may not know this abt me yet. My husband is a bike lover. He's been in love with two-wheelers since he was young and we got our first bike long, long ago. He's been a mat motor since what seems like forever and he's been through all the stages :-

Bike 1 - TZR 125 (also his NS days)
- new 'L'earner (just after he got his riding license)
- pizza delivery guy

Bike 2 - TZR 250 & Vespa
- despatch rider
- budak moto stage

KR
- mat 'racer' (god - i hated this, worried abt him every night that he's out with frenz)

Super 4
- abang-abang stage (starting to take it easy)

African Twin
- tourer
- relak one corner stage

So many memories of our early days involved two-wheelers. I still rememer the days when I was in poly when he would come to fetch me from class. The day we sold off our first bike, both of us shed tears (well, he still claims that he only 'Nearly' shed tears). I also remember that day when he was involved in a terrible accident and was't able to ride for a few months.. Those were the days.

With his African Twin, I'm glad that his racing days are over. He no longer feels the need for spped (at least I hope not!). But his new interest now is riding long distances. We've already been to Hatyai and Koh Samui for our honeymoon and he often talks of wanting to go further.

We'll be riding to Koh Samui again in April. We love that place! Memories of the island keeps on haunting us, and I can't wait to be back. To me, its not abt the partying or the swimming/diving. But its the sea.. the endless blue sky, the white sandy beach, the constant holiday atmosphere... So, i can't wait!

We're also going to Hatyai again tomorrow night. Its just a short trip to get ourselves a new seat. They do it real good there. Cheap and good.

Frankly, I'm torn. After our last accident (during the journey back to Koh Samui last Jul), I can't help feeling a bit apprehensive. I'd love to go, but something's bugging me. Haiyz.. is it just me? Tomorrow's trip is really important to me. I'd like to get myself over the hurdle. I hate this nagging feeling, and i dun wanna feel stressed everytime i climb on board. I want to feel as free as i used to feel. I need to...

No comments: