Monday, August 07, 2006

Weddings = Tears?

Sometime last year, one of my hubby's secondary school mate got married. She was a close friends of his and we've been out together a couple of times. We were really happy for her when we received the invitation for her wedding.

Everything went as planned. The day arrived and the wedding went on without a hitch. The couple looked great together. It brought me memories of my own wedding.

I remember we had just bought a camera sometime before. So dear hubby was busy snapping away. The parents were then invited on stage for a family photo. They all looked so sweet togehter. It was touching moment when the bride kissed her parents, and we can see the mother tearing. It moved us all. Everyone burst into a clap and was cheering away.

But lo and behold... what is this? I found one drop of tear on my cheeks. And another. And many many others... What's happening to me? I never cry at weddings... except for mine lah which is fully understood. But at another's? Not even my sister's did I cry. And it got worst, making my eyes all red and my nose all wet. I could see hubby sneaking glances at me while he was busy snapping.

Immediately I went to a corner to wipe my tears away.

And now, another friend of his is getting married. Again, the image of the solemnization ceremony is making me teary eyed. I haven't even been to the actual thing! For goodness sake! This is getting way out of hand. Am I gonna cry at every wedding I go to?

So what happened? Is it the memories of hugging arwah dad for the last time during my wedding? Or is it just the memories of my own wedding? Whatever it is, I must try to put this to a stop.

So lovely. This blessed union of souls. The lovely ties of matrimony. Wonderful aint it?

Well, Idris and Aidah - Selamat Pengantin Baru! Semoga berkekalan hingga ke anak cucu!!

No comments: