Monday, August 21, 2006

Of Durians and Cupcakes

Last Friday, Jillian and I (together with our husbands of course) met up for an impromptu durian session. We met at Geylang Lor 13, sat at our favourite stall while the men went to pick durians. I'm not really crazy about durians. So I stopped after 3 pieces. Lester was also quite full after a buffet dinner with his ex-colleagues earlier. However, between the four of us, we managed to finish up 8 durians! Click HERE for pics.

If u noticed, we found quite a few 'strange' things. Like the seed shaped like a heart, and another seed which was split into two (i assure u that the seed was not split into 2 by any of us, it was like that when we opened the durian).

Saturday was a day for lazing around. Other than going to the library to collect my book, all I did was laze around. Nothing much there..

Sunday was an eventful day. First thing in the morning, we got up and visited Dad's grave with Mom and Mamat. Followed by lunch at Jurong Point. Had to rush home after that as dearie had to work at 3pm. Had this sudden urge to cook up a storm, so I left together with hubby to go to Vista Point to get the ingredients I needed. Quickly walked back home as I was very anxious to start.

Two hours later, I got my mutton soup, as well as my cupcakes ready. :)










I'm so proud of myself! After my cooking was done, I continued with my routine weekend housework plus laundry and ironing. All this work left me with a terrible backache which I'm still suffering from at this moment. But I'm still very happy with what I have accomplished over the weekend.

Oh yes.. I changed my tagboard to a new one. I think this looks better doesn't it?

So kind of my sis-in-law to offer me help with my layout. Maybe when we both have time, I will take her up on her offer. Heehee!! :)





No comments: