Monday, May 15, 2006

Mummy... It's over...!!

Happy Mother's Day!

Haha...! My title's so corny! But I just find it so funny. Anyway... the holidays are over. The next public holiday will be.. gasp! in August!! That'll be for our National Day... And its ages away! So how was the long weekend people? Let me tell you about mine.

On Friday, there was the Mother's Day gathering for my maternal granny. It was held at her place. Everyone was there.. and you can imagine that there was such a spread! We ate and ate. Following that, we managed to say some prayers for my great-grandma who just passed away last week. We went back to my house after that to celebrate Mother's Day for mom. We got cake and I'd cooked earlier. Mom says that my curry is very good for a first try.. but mom always say such things, so I'm still a bit sceptical. I hope she likes the cake we got her.

The next day, I woke up and made Roti Kirai. That's because I got lotsa leftover curry from day before. Hubby got back from work with the makings of a salad to accompany the meal, which also happens to be one of his favourite! We watched 'In Her Shoes' after that on VCD. Actually, I watched while he slept. So much for spending time with me huh ;P Later that evening, sis and mom came to our house again cos they just realised they forgot to top up on their electricity. And the next day's a Sunday, which means the office is closed and they're unable to top up.

That night was fun. For once, my house which had always been so quiet, was full of laughter. There was noise and I was so glad for the company. The kids made such a din, I didn't know how MIL managed to go to sleep. Raziq's such a terror now. And to think that I used to worry that Naqib will bully him.

On Sunday morning, my mom and I prepared breakfast for everyone together. I missed doing that. We made roti john and serawa durian with glutinous rice. Later, we went to Casueway Point. We bought toiletries and shopped around. Sis bought this Guess bag which is so pretty. I saw one nice bag which I fell in love with at first sight. Same with another wallet. But I know if I get it, hubby will probably scream at me. So I'm now persuading my sis to buy it for me as my birthday present! :)

We had dinner at Vista Point and I had the Tori Katsu Don. There was such a crowd and the kids were starting to get cranky. Naqib also managed to throw up his dinner which was a signal for us to get home. Its been a long day. That night, we cut cake for MIL for her mother's day celebration. That is after hubby finally decided to return home from fishing. I'd bought her a cake too when I bought Mom's cake on Thursday.

I end this post with words of the wise Ustazah, ".. if u buy ur mom a lapis cake, make sure you buy MIL the same cake. Both should be equally important to you and there should be no discrimination.." Haha... welcome back to work everyone!

3 comments:

Trina said...

wah roti jala i miss dat maybe im asking my mom to buat nanti hehehe laper ah heheh

blackrose46 said...

Zarina!!!! Finally i manage to tag u!!! At wk, I can only read ur blog, tak leh leh tag. *sob sob*

Pandai anak mak masak ye.. Aku ni pandai makan ajer!!! hehehehe :)
Should meet up one day lah.. Nanti lepas my exams, we meet up ble? Take care sweetie!!! :)

zarina_11 said...

hi trina - hope u get ur roti jala. Sedapp!!

Ayu!! yeah.. finally u tagged me. alah.. aku nie baru jugak belajar.. as they say, the way to ur husband's heart is thru his tummy! haha! yah.. we shld meet up, miss u guys! come over lah, then u can try my cooking! hehe! u take care too.. mummy-to-be!