Thursday, April 06, 2006

Caught a movie last night at the new Picturehouse at The Cathay. The place has just been re-opened and so far, it looked great. I love the lifts up to the cinema, and the cinema itself still smelt so new.

I've always loved those type of movies - Lord of the Rings, King Arthur, TROY!.. i loike! So when 'Tristan & Isolde' started showing, i knew i'm not gonna give it a miss! The movie's a love story between both of them from two opposing country, the Briton and Irish. Someway, somehow, they fell in love. However they were separated when Isolde had to marry Tristan's king! I hated the betrayal that comes after that, and the ending's not a happy ending.

Haven't been updating these few days. Been busy nursing my pride after my application for sponsorship to continue my studies were rejected. I had been raring to go, and had been telling everyone that we're postponing the baby till after my studies. So now, I'm lost. Should we start to try have babies, or do I try to apply again for my sposorship next year? We're still in a dilemma.

Neway... saw in the papers that many musicals are coming to town. In our sec school days, we've already caught Les Miserable and Phantom of the Opera. I loved it, but never caught another musical until lately. My colleague got a pair of tix to RENT and we caught it. It made me fall in love all over again with the experience. The powerful emotions just get to me, and combined with the song and cast's performance, I can't help wanting to catch another show! Hubby has made it clear he's not interested.. too arty farty for him. And I dunno if I'd bear to spend so much on a 2/3 hour show..

We're riding up again to Koh Samui on the 11th with a few other friends. It's gonna be a loooong ride. But I missed the island and the small Italian cafe which we used to frequent for their fantastic pizza. I'm also dying for a good massage.. they do it so good there! This time, it'll be the peak season due to the full moon party that is supposed to take place around the same time. And after that, its to Hatyai for another 2 days. This visit will be in time for their Songkran or water festival. It'll be fun!

It'll be my late father's birthday this Sunday, 9th April. Its the first birthday since he's been gone. I just hope my mother will be ok. She doesn't say much and keeps it all inside. But I know that she still cries late at night. My plan is to invite some mom, sis and some of my aunts to my house this weekend. Hopefully it'll entertain her and keep her busy. Dunno if it's such a good idea though. One thing for sure, I'll be busy in the kitchen all day long!

No comments: