Monday, April 10, 2006

As good as it gets

Last weekend wasn't so bad after all!

Saturday was spent mostly at home. Waited ard for our new wrought iron gate, something which I've been wanting since we first got the flat abt a year ago. So happy when it finally got fixed.. silly me couldn't stop admiring my new gates from afar. Heeheee...! Besides that, I lazed around and watched tv, played my Sims 2 on hubby's PS2 for about 4 hrs (was it really for 4 hrs, it felt like just abt an hour or so.. ;p) and went to Vista Point, my neighbourhood shopping centre for some daily necessities. We also picked up the laundry (our touring pants and jacket) and developed some photos for Alex, our friend from Hatyai, Thailand.

And then on Sunday.. it was busy, busy, busy! Hubby came home from night shift abt 8am with breakfast for me! How sweet is that! But that wasn't how i felt at first when he bugged me till I woke up... sleepy and grumpy. He went quickly to sleep after that, leaving me unable to go back to bed. so what did I do..? I went through my recipes and started cooking! Hubby has been asking me to cook his soup thingy with those black fungus and dried beancurd slices... so I did. Teamed up the meal with fried chicken (his all time fav) and steamed cockles (special request from my mom-in-law).

Later, mom came over as her eldest sis is coming over to my humble abode for the very first time. Mom came bearing ingredients to cook mee goreng. And grandma also came bringing fried kway teow and lontong. Besides that, there were the brownies which I made on Sat, and the cheesecake i bought on Friday. You can imagine that there were lotsa of food! Mak Long came with Idah and Ana (her daughters, my cousins) and Alya and Alyssa, Idah's daughters. With Naqib and Raziq (my sis's kids), u can imagine the din that was coming from my house. It was great company!

When it was time for them to go, I packed off most of the food for mom and mee goreng for mak long. So glad when I finally saw my stove empty of the various pots and pans. And by the end of the day, I was just so tired and ready to sleep.



No comments: