Friday, October 27, 2006

Hari Raya Entry

Didn't realize that I haven't blog in a while. That just shows how busy we have been with preparations for Hari Raya.

This year, even though sepnt a lot of time preparing for Raya, it was celebrated moderately. It's like I looked forward so much for the day to come, only to find that its just like any other day.

I managed to collect my tailored kebaya on Raya eve. Husband recycled his last year's baju. No, we didnt wear matching colours this year. I was clad in orange (his choice) while he was in black. As usual, we went home to mom's place, followed by our respective grannies and a few other aunts' houses. And as usual, there were tears when it came to the part where I asked for forgiveness. Furthermore with the memories of what happened last year, naturally I had already expected the tears.

We ended the day with a few of my relatives coming to my house. By the time they left, it was already 2am. It has been a long long day...

This Saturday will be another long day since we've already invited my colleagues and relatives over. I'm so thankful that mom will be around to help cos I will definitely be overwhelmed with so many guests.

Just received news though that mom got to move out from the flat by the 3rd. What a headache to move during Raya. It's heart-breaking to let go of a house so full of memories. But it's just too much for my mum to handle. Its inevitable that we have to let it go one day. I just didn't expect it to go through so soon. And can you imagine how hard it will be to fit in everything from our jumbo flat to a two or three room flat that they'll be getting? A rented one at that.

Shucks! I'm just so stressed right now. Life seems to suck at this moment. Hopefully my next entry will bring better news.

No comments: