Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Heheh... *smiles sheepishly* Haven't been updatin for a while now. Didn't feel like it lah. Too many things on my mind. And too many things happening.
Sent my youngest brother to tekong last friday. He's now embarking on a new stage of his life. He's so grown up now! I still remember the chubby kid whom I used to detetst for grabbing all of our parent's attention. It's bad enough having to give in to a younger sister. But a younger brother as well... However, it wasn't as though we had no love among us lah. It's just that it was simply our nature to leave each other alone. We were young and each of us were busy with our own group of friends, with our own lives.
We've grown up now. A far cry from what we were. With age comes bonding, especially with dad's passing away. We shared tears and laughter, and gave each other strength.
Sending him that day somehow moved me. Seeing him take his NS oath, my emotions were that of worry and pride. Worried that he may find it hard in NS, and pride that my youngest brother is now a grown man who will defend his country in times of need.

No comments: